More Affordable Vintage Style Rugs: Elevate Your Home's Style on a Budget
Seasonal Trends• August 24•6 min
Vintage furniture has an unrivalled ability to inject glamour and a sense of history into our living spaces. However, when it comes to vintage rugs, for example, the distinctive ones have always been prohibitively expensive. Fortunately, more affordable vintage-style rugs are now available, allowing us to create a stylish home without breaking the bank.
Enthusiasts of Vintage Goods
In this ever-modernising world, I'm sure there are many people out there who share my love for vintage goods. I've been an avid fan of retro merchandise since high school, and my heart has always resonated with echoes of the past. As a true connoisseur of history, beauty, and craftsmanship, I believe I am the keeper of the story in every vintage item. With an unending passion, every time I purchase a new vintage item, I feel as if I am embarking on a fascinating journey through long-gone eras, breathing new life into forgotten treasures and preserving the legacy of lost years.
My Vision: to Create a Vintage Style House
My love for vintage goods continues to this day, and after I was ready to have my own house, the first dilemma was how to decorate it. I was excited to fill my tiny house with vintage furniture like vintage rugs, mid-century table lamps, tent-shaped king-size beds, and so on. Still, when I arrived at the vintage furniture shop on a whim and inquired about the prices of the items I wanted, I fumed at my bank card balance.
But I don't want to give up!
I didn't want to part with my design ideas, and after a consultation with a professional designer and a period of deliberation, I decided that mass-produced, vintage-style furniture would be the answer to my need for major bulky pieces, such as beds and tables. Then I would also look for more affordable small items, such as special rugs, to add to the vintage style and fashion of the whole home. And today, I mainly want to share with you my surprise finds while searching for the best vintage-style rugs.
Encounter the Brand Rugitall
My designer recommended this rug brand to me. The moment I opened its website and saw the pictures of the items, I realised that this was the vintage-style rug I wanted. Within a week of placing the order, my rug was delivered to my door, and I was once again pleasantly surprised by its superior texture and unique style.
While keeping the colours of the patterns vibrant, each rug from Rugitall has an extraordinarily soft touch that is hard to find in rugs of the same price range. I checked out more information on their website and realised that every retro-inspired rug I purchased was a high pile rug, which is a great value.
Of course, I was most pleased with its unique vintage style and textured pattern. Every Rugitall vintage-style rug I have purchased has a unique design. I've been looking for a classic style rug that would add style and personality to a space, add a little flair to my life, and not overwhelm the space, and Rugitall fits the bill nicely.
Reading this, are you wondering which rugs I purchased that I am so impressed with?
Next, I'm going to share my shopping cart with you!
- The first rug I purchased from Rugitall was for my kitchen. My kitchen is not large, and the spacing between it and the dining room table only allows for two people to stand. So I tried to purchase a vintage-style rug with a colourful pattern to divert visual attention and make the space seem fuller and not cramped. So I chose a rectangular traditional style rug. The whole rug consists of red, green, brown, and yellow colours, outlining a gorgeous floral pattern, showing the classical beauty of Moroccan flowers. The pattern and colour scheme of this vintage rug evokes the mystique of the Moroccan world and instantly catches the eye.
- The second rug is a round rug I purchased for my bedroom. My bedroom has a square layout, so I chose a round rug to balance the visuals. This is a round vintage royal court-style rug; this vintage style rug consists of mostly browns and light browns accented with a circle of marvellous blue patterns and embellishments. The clashing colours of blue and brown make this rug unique, and the unique composition and pattern also show a sense of history and a regal royal atmosphere.
3 Steps to Picking a Vintage Style Rug
Picking the perfect vintage-style rug, like Rugitall Vintage Medal Red Rugs, requires careful consideration based on the rug's sense of history, craftsmanship, and the size and layout of the room. Based on my experience buying Rugitall rugs, I've come up with 3 steps.
Step 1: Decide Based on Your Budget
If you are a big fan of vintage items and have enough budget, you can go to boutiques or vintage furniture stores in your city to buy authentic vintage rugs. But if you're in the same situation as me, I'd rather you convince yourself to buy more affordable antique-look rugs from online shopping platforms where you can get the same beautiful, well-designed, and historically-inspired rugs at a lower price.
Step 2: Determine Your Favourite Vintage Style
Think about your favourite style and consider whether it fits the interior design style of your house. Oriental, mid-century, or traditional Western? Defining your style preference will guide you in choosing your favourite rug that complements your existing decoration.
Step 3: Pick the Design and Pattern of the Rug
One of the key features of vintage rugs is their unique designs and historical patterns. Examples include intricate religious motifs or elegant royal court colourways. When picking out a rug, we want to take the room's theme colours into consideration and look for rugs with colours and patterns that coordinate with the room's decoration.
All in all, giving up expensive vintage rugs and choosing affordable vintage-style rugs helped me achieve the finishing touch to my vintage--style decorating. My house is still under renovation, so I'll come back to share more of my experience with you guys when it's done! I would like to give a special thanks to Rugitall and my designer friend for the recommendation, and I also wanted to spread the word about this amazing site to my readers here!
- Going Green Underfoot: Transforming Spaces with Greener Rug!
- Buying Rugs Online or in a Physical Store, Which One is Better for You
- Gray Rugs: Why This Neutral Color Deserves A Spot In Your Home
- Machine-Washable Rugs: Enhance Indoor & Outdoor Quality Time!
- A Kaleidoscope of Hues: Celebrating the Beauty of Multicoloured Rugs